Friday 25 November 2011

The Beginning of the Dough Diaries

These are the Dough Diaries, and this is the first entry in a blog that follows the diary writer, i.e. me, in her quest to learn about and make lots and lots of bread.

I’m not a complete novice when it comes to bread making. I’m currently training to be a pastry chef and said training involves a unit on breads and doughs, so I’ve had a little practice there and a few bits of expert advice. And before that, I’d experimented a little bit myself... with varying levels of success, I’ll admit, but I still gave it a go.

But it’s more recently that I’ve become hooked on bread making. I find there’s a certain amount of satisfaction in taking the time to mix and knead bread, watch it as it proves and grows, and eventually in shaping it. And there are so many types of bread from cultures around the world that I’ve no idea how to make... but I want to know how! So what better excuse for yet another blog on food.

This blog will follow my bready adventures, whatever they be and however well they go. Let the baking begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment